Chilli is a nice hearty food that is so easy to make, and it tastes delicious. You can prep all the ingredients in the morning, pop it all into a slow cooker and enjoy a nice hot meal for dinner. If you don’t have all that time, you can also use an instant pot to quickly cook your chilli.
I like my chilli to have a spiky kick to it, so I added lots of chilli peppers. If you do not like it to be as spicy, please add less chillis and chilli flakes. You can always add more at the end, but you won’t be able to make it less spicy!
You can have chilli
with a variety of different things, so leftovers never get boring. Some of my favourites are having it on top of a spinach salad, or having it in a bowl topped with sour cream, tortilla chips, cheese and guacamole. The options are endless.
If you would like to make your own tortilla chips, you can use a tortilla wrap, and dust it with a mixture of olive oil, spices (oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper) and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degree.
if you would like to make this a vegan chilli, please omit the ground beef, and chicken/beef bouillon. Replace it with an additional cap of black beans meadley and vegetable broth.
Easy Spicy Beef Chilli
- Slow cooker
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ceremi mushrooms (or canned mushrooms)
- 1 can black beans 290 g
- 1 can chickpeas 290 g
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chicken or beef bouillon
- ½ cup barley
- ½ cup lentils
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 dried chillis Omit if you do not like it spicy
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In an oiled frying pan, brown ground beef, onions and garlic.
- Mix together all other ingredients in the crock pot. Add in the beef, onions and garlic mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Top off with sour cream, guacamole, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, cilantro
- On top of lettuce/spinach for a healthy salad