Elevated Instant Ramen Noodles
There are so many differnet ways to prepare instant ramen noodles to become a full delicious meal. Here are some great ideas if you want to spice up your noodle game.
- Add a poached egg. If you don’t want to wait for the water to boil, you can poach an egg in the microwave #lifehack. To do this, add 1/3 cup of water to a microwave safe mug. Crack in your egg and microwave for 45- 50 seconds. If it still needs to cook, microwave on intervals of 20 seconds until the yolk is your desired consistency. Do not microwave for long periods of time, as they can cause the egg to burst in the microwave.
- Add in vegetables! Whatever you have in the fridge, you can throw it into the noodles while it cooks. I like to add bok choy, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, string beans, mushrooms etc.
- add in more protein. If you have leftover meat, such as chicken, add it in! I love adding in some dumplings.
- Spice it up. Add some chilli powder or siracha to the soup base to give the noodles some HEAT.
- Pan fry noodles. After boiling for a few minutes, drain the water and switch it over to a pan. Fry with some soy sauce, oyster sauce for a dry noodle.
- Add some green onions for a garnish.
When I make instant noodles, I like to make the noodles in a separate pot, and then strain them after they are cooked. This removes the excess starch (and I don’t want to be eating all that!). While the noodles cook, I boil water in my kettle, and use that for the soup base.
If you are adding dumplings, add the dumplings before the noodles and cook for 5 minutes before adding in the noodles. This way, everything will be completely cooked at the same time. This one pot method is so quick and easy. I can have an entire balanced meal ready within 15 minutes!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out the other recipes on the blog!
Quick Instant Ramen Noodles
- 2 packs of instant ramen noodles
- bok choy
- 1 pack enoki mushrooms
- 2 poached egg
- 1 tbsp chicken stalk
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Bring a pot of water to a soft boil for the soup base. Crack in the eggs to cook. Once cooked, remove with a slotted spoon. Then add in vegetables, chicken stalk soup base and oyster sauce.
- Prepare instant ramen noodles in another pot. Strain and rinse with water to get rid of the extra starch.