These lady fingers are perfect if you are looking to make homemade tiramisu! Where I am from, it is difficult to find store bought lady fingers. Not all grocery stores carry them. In fact, I went to 3 different grocery stores looking for them and could NOT find them.
Lady fingers are versitle as they can also be used in other types of cakes, swiss rolls etc.
These are perfect if you want to freeze them to use at a later date.
When making the lady fingers, use a piping bag and 1/2 inch piping tip. To make it easier to get all the batter into the piping bag, I set the bag in a tall glass. I fold over the ends so I don’t get batter everywhere. Then I slowly pour the mixture into the bag and volia! A full piping bag with absolutely no mess.
If you liked this recipe, check out the other recipes on the blog!
- 4 Eggs
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Separate egg whites, and beat on high until soft peaks start to form. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- In another bowl beat egg yolks, vanilla extract and remaining sugar until it is thick and pale in color.
- Mix together flour and baking powder. Gently fold in flour mixture with egg white mixture and egg yolk mixture. Be gentle so you do not flatten the egg whites.
- Transfer mixture to a pastry bag with a ½ inch tip and pipe out onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake 8 - 10 minutes until golden brown.