Taco Tuesdays were always my favourite growing up! It is a fast and easy meal to put together and it never disappoints. I usually make mine with extra lean ground beef and I add in peppers, onions and garlic to the meat. It is perfect if you have a picky eater in the family, as they won’t be able to taste the additional vegetables you’re adding!
Tacos are full of flavour and you can customize them to your liking. For toppings, I like to use a spicy salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, lettuce. For a side dish, I’ll pop some tater tots into the air fryer until they are golden brown. I recently purchased a Cuisinart toaster ove
n air fryer, and it is a game changer! It has a large tray where you can fit so much food and it cooks it evenly. There is no problem fitting a whole tray of tater tots in there. I would highly recommend getting one of these. It doesn’t even use any additional oil to dry items. It comes with a high price tag, but it is definitely worth it.
There is a lower model of the Cuisinart toaster oven called the CUISINART TOA-60C AirFryer Convection Oven. This one is significant;y cheaper, and it will produce the same results. I have also tested this one out with tater tots, and it will make them just as crispy!
The main difference between the TOA-60C and the TOA-65, is that the TOA-65 has a digital screen to easily navigate. I personally liked the sleek look of the digital screen so I opted for the higher end model. This model goes on sale for about $300 CAD. You can find the TOA-60C for about $265 CAD on amazon or Best Buy.
For a vegetarian option, you can use a cauliflower “meat” instead of ground beef. This also tastes delicious once you season it, and it’s a great way to get in more veggies!
For a quick and easy meal, I like to purchase the family taco kit that includes both hard shell and soft shell tacos. If you don’t have this one hand, you can also use tortilla wraps and make a giant burrito. I like to wrap the filling inside and then heat it up on a pan to make the outside crispy.
Do you have a taco tradition in your family?
Quick & Easy Tacos
Taco Seasoning Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8-12 taco shells
- shredded cheese
- mashed avocado
- sour cream
- In a small bowl, mix the taco seasoning ingredients together. Amounts can be adjusted for taste preferences. Add additional chillli flakes if you like it spicy.
- Add the beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Break the meat apart with a wooden spoon. Add onions, green peppers, and garlic.
- Add the taco seasoning to the meat mixture. Stir well. Cook until the meat is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain any liquid or additional grease from pan.
- Warm the taco shells according to their package directions.
- Fill the taco shells with taco meat. Top with desired taco toppings: mashed avocado, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese and lettuce.